TV & Data
In this day and age, we rely heavily on internet for our day-to-day operations, including communication. We are specialists in network cabling and data point services - installation and repair.
We thought we would share some tips on how to set up your digital TV (but if this is all too overwhelming, not in your skillset or you don’t have the time, then we are more than happy to do it for you. Just ask here.
Setting up your TV and data connection in a few steps:
- Make sure you have a reliable internet connection. Connect your smart TV to your Wi-Fi network or use an Ethernet cable for a stable connection.
- Check if your TV has built-in streaming apps like Netflix or Hulu. If not, you can easily connect a streaming device like a Roku or Amazon Fire Stick to access all your favourite shows and movies.
- To optimise your data usage, consider adjusting your streaming quality. Most streaming services allow you to choose between different video resolutions, like HD or Ultra HD. Lowering the resolution can help save data if you're on a limited plan.
- If you're using an antenna to watch live TV, make sure it's properly connected and positioned to get the best reception. Absolutely take care if you’re getting up on the roof! You may need to do a channel scan on your TV to find all the available channels in your area.
- Don’t forget about data security! Keep your Wi-Fi network password protected and consider using a virtual private network (VPN) for an added layer of privacy when streaming.
If you need help getting set up, just give us a call at 0403 026 531; happy to do it for you.